You can find informations about the applications modalities for the official stage programme here.
45th Bardentreffen Nuremberg from 31st of July till 2nd of August 2020
Thanks for your interest in Bardentreffen, the largest annual event to take place within the historic centre of Nuremberg. For its 45. edition, which takes course over three days about 200.000 visitors of all ages gather at nine different stages to listen to world music artists as well as singer-songwriters from all over the planet for free.
Over the years, Bardentreffen has become an important part of the Nuremberg cultural and music scene – and the event well known throughout the entire country. Formed in 1976 as a competition for non-professional singer-songwriters, it has turned into “the magnetic cultural event”, according to the national newspaper DIE ZEIT. Bardentreffen is a music festival that plays an important part in turning Nuremberg into the vibrant and culturally rich city it is today.
Conditions to be considered as an artist for Bardentreffen:
- Music styles: world music / global pop, singer-songwriter, folk
- No cover, heavy metal, rock or jazz bands
- Self-composed songs
- Lyrics play an essential role. Purely instrumental repertoire will not be considered
The call for applications is open from 9th of November until 31st of December 2019. Applications sent after 31st of December will not be considered. Please send your application only by e-mail. It should contain:
- link to the artist's homepage
- link to music videos / live concert shows e.g. on youtube or wimeo
- media response / quotations in magazines, newspapers (as pdf file)
- extract of gig history at clubs and festivals
- details on record releases
- contact name and adress
- your e-mail should not extend 10 MB
- please do not attach any audio or video files
- send your e-mail to email@example.com with reference to "45. Bardentreffen 2020"
The final selection will take place until the end of March 2020. We will contact you in case of a selection.